Saturday 11 December 2010

Light a candle and remember the children


This Sunday is
Worldwide Candle Lighting
day
to honour and remember
the children who
have left us too soon...



Each year
at 7pm
on the second Sunday
of December
we light candles
in memory
of the children
of the world
who have died.

New Zealand

is the first country
on Earth
to light our candles.




Please honour our children
who have gone before us
by lighting your candle
for an hour
on Sunday 12th December
 at 7pm
in your time zone.

 You will help create
 a wave of light
 that will travel the globe
 in quiet remembrance…

Thank you dear friends
for your comments
and emails
of encouragement.
I'm back on track
and getting into
the Christmas spirit.

Be kind to one another.

Christmas hugs
Shane x


7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful idea! A wave of flickering candlelight going around the world.
    I shall join you. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful vision of light moving across the world. Thanks for being present and reminding us not to forget. xox Corrine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of this before. I will certainly light a candle and will also take the time to reflect on those we have lost to cancer, there have been so many lately. November and December seems to be months of much grief for some. And then the New Year comes, with new possibilities, new encounters, new memories to be made. I will think of you as I light my candles tomorrow, sweet friend so far away. Blessings, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely thought ~ I will light my little cranberry rose candle at 7pm
    xx
    Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will light my candle too, here in old Blighty! Love the image of a wave of light and remembrance around the world.
    Thank you, I will be joining in at 7pm.

    Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shane, I am so glad that I caught this post of yours... Of course, we will be lighting a candle tonight at 7pm and I will share this with my friends.

    Bless you,
    Genie

    ReplyDelete
  7. so beautiful of you to share this and very special that the twinkling lights of remembrance begin in your special homeland dear Shane

    we attend a service each year, the room is filled with loved ones of children gone too soon, the children's names are read, a bell is rung for each child and candles are lit...it is a safe place to let go of some of the deep and searing grief ... our wee bit of Christmas with our Alex
    Brightest of Blessings to you and yours
    oxo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...